Location of Kirkmans Kamp
Kirkmans Camp is situated in the 65 000 hectare Sabi Sand Game Reserve and shares an open and common boundary with the Kruger National Park to the east, Mala Mala to the north, and Lion Sands Game Reserve to the south. This is in Mpumalanga Province, South Africa. &Beyond’s Kirkman’s Kamp has traversing in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve on its own property and also on Lion Sands Private Game Reserve.
Kirkman's Kamp at a Glance
- Number of Suites – 18
- Maximum Guests – 36
- Children – Yes
- Triples – 2 (children 16 yrs & younger)
- Twin beds – All convertible to doubles
- Air Conditioning – Yes
- Overhead Fans – Yes
- Indoor Showers – Yes
- In Room Safe – Yes
- Personal Bars – Yes
- Telephone – Yes
- Hairdryers – Yes
- Laundry Included – Yes
- Safari shop – Yes
- Suitable for Disabled Guests – Yes, with assistance
- Check In – 12h00
- Check Out – 11h00
- Kosher Food – Prior notice, extra cost
- Power – 220v AC
- Private 4x4 safari vehicle – If available, extra cost
- Childminding – Yes
- In-Room Massage – Yes
Accommodatation at Kirkmans Camp
Kirkman’s Kamp is one of the best loved lodges in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. A well known historic camp, built in the early 1920’s. The colonial atmosphere and gracious style and luxury has been retained, and guests step back in time upon entering the original Harry Kirkmans homestead. Each of the 18 air-conditioned cottages has a veranda and private bathroom ensuite.
Make an Enquiry or Booking
What sets Kirkman’s Kamp apart ?
- Situated in one of South Africa’s most game rich reserves, the Sabi Sand
Game Reserve and the greater Kruger National Park
- Kirkman’s Kamp set on the bank of the Sand River
- The Sabie Sands area is World famous for its leopard sightings and renowned for having the best Big Five game viewing in South Africa
- Incredible quality of general wildlife sightings
- One of the best grazing and browsing habitats for wildlife in Southern Africa
- Trained Game Rangers and Shangaan trackers
- Nocturnal safaris
- Bush dining
- Victorian architecture and interiors
- Road and air access
- Ideal for families
Kirkman’s Kamp features a large lounge with an 1920’s ambience, overlooking the rolling lawns down to the river. Breakfast and lunch are served on the shady verandas, with dinners alternated in the alfresco boma or in other romantic candlelit bush settings. Cool off in the swimming pool.
Kirkman's Kamp Safaris
View Africa’s most impressive wildlife on morning and afternoon / evening guided game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles with expert game rangers and Shangaan trackers. Guests may enjoy interpretive guided bush walks, excellent for bird watching.
Children are welcome at Kirkmans Kamp (maximum 2 children 16 years and younger in triple accommodation at any one time). Regretfully, children 5 years and younger cannot go on game drives. Childminders available, at an additional cost. Limited to only 2 triple Cottages in camp, at any one time.
Kirkman’s Kamp is a 5 hour drive from Johannesburg to the Shaw’s Gate of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. Federal Air offers daily scheduled flights from OR Tambo Airport to the Skukuza Airport, followed by a short drive to Kirkman’s Kamp
Make an Enquiry or Booking